Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatrist and Psychotherapist
- A Psychiatrist and Psychotherpist practicing in Charlotte NC, Dr. Steinmuller is Board Certified in Child, Adolescent, and Adult Psychiatry.
Dr. Steinmuller's extensive clinical experience may provide you with one-stop service for your mental health care. If medication is indicated and needed for your treatment the fee is the same you would pay for psychotherapy visits alone. Non-physician psychotherapists (psychologists, social workers, counselors) would need to refer you to another doctor resulting in a split treatment. This can result in more trips for treatment, poorly coordinated treatment and higher overall expenses.
Wouldn't it be great if your psychiatrist and psychotherapist could be in the same room at the same time so you wouldn't have to tell your story twice or worry if your psychiatrist has taken enough time to understand you? And even if they were in the same room, you would have to pay them both for being there. Having your psychiatrist as your psychotherapist can be the best of both worlds.
- Unfortunately, in Charlotte, NC there are less than a handful of psychiatrists who work as psychotherapists. Most psychiatrists limit their practices to medication evaluations and management. Psychotherapy is a powerful tool in helping people ease their pain, facilitate personal growth, and find more satisfaction in their lives. As a psychiatrist-psychotherapist Dr. Steinmuller is skilled in Psychodynamic Psychotherapy, Cognitive Behavioral Psychotherapy, Behavioral Therapy, and Supportive Psychotherapy. These approaches are integrated, as needed, to facilitate the easing of your discomfort and symptoms, and to enhance your personal growth.
- Treatment is provided in a warm, direct, caring, and emotionally honest manner with strict adherence to protecting your confidentiality.
- Dr. Steinmuller has a one-man office. He does not have a secretary, receptionist, or answering service. He is the only person to answer his phone and to access his voice mail. You will not have to leave any information with any other person.
- If Dr. Steinmuller is not available when you call you can leave a message on his confidential voice mail. He will personally return your phone call. He will want to find out how he can be helpful and will determine with you, before an initial appointment is scheduled, if he is potentially the right person to help you. If he is not, he will endeavor to provide you with other options. He will also inform you about what you need to know to make even the very first meeting a productive visit.
- Managed care and insurance companies often request highly personal information about patients to authorize visits or pay claims. This compromises the very privacy needed for you to feel free to say whatever is on your mind (the bedrock of a truly effective treatment). For that reason Dr. Steinmuller has elected to not be on any managed care or insurance panels.
- Dr. Steinmuller will provide you with a Super Bill that has all the information needed to process an insurance claim. You may submit this to your insurance company for reimbursement to you. (Please check with your insurance company to find out how you need to handle this with them).
I have endeavored to provide additional pages to inform you of some of the problems for which I provide treatment and the type of treatments I offer. I have included links to other sites that I believe will be helpful for you in searching for information about mental health problems and treatment for people of all ages.
Dr. Steinmuller's office address is:
225 E. Kingston Avenue
Charlotte, North Carolina 28203
Phone: (704) 376-7654
The office is located in the lovely Dilworth neighborhood. It is less than a mile from downtown Charlotte and is easily accessible from all parts of Charlotte and the surrounding communities.
(c) 2005 by Warren J. Steinmuller, M.D. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without written consent of Warren J. Steinmuller, M.D. Links from other sites are welcome. Contact: 704 376-7654
- Child, Adolescent and Family Psychiatry Services
- Child, Adolescent, and Family Psychiatry is Dr. Steinmuller's Specialty
- Adult and Young Adult Psychiatry Psychotherapy
- Dr. Steinmuller provides expert adult psychiatric care and psychotherapy
- There are different types of Psychotherapy, each aimed at achieving speciifc goals
- Psychotherapy with a Psychiatrist?
- There are many reasons to consider seeing a psychiatrist for psychotherapy. Here are some facts you may find helpful to consider.
- Even If you think ADHD is your child's diagnosis get a consultation to be sure there are no learning disabilities or other problems that my look a lot like ADHD.
- ODD - Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- ODD - Oppositioanl Defiant Disorder commonly occurs with ADHD and other childhood emiotioanl problems. Extremely effective interventions are available without the need for spanking.
- Anxiety In Children
- Anxiety Disorders in Children and Adolescents is frequently well treated with psychotherapy. Medications may be very helpful in some situations.
- Depression in childhood requires careful evaluation and treatment. Medication is not usually the first line of treatmnent.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder in Children is a serious mental health problem deserving ongoing treatment and support.
- Billling and Insurance
- Directions to Dr. Steinmuller's Office
- Directions to the office of Warren J. Steinmuller, M.D.